NT Farmers Association is dedicated to supporting the development of the agricultural industry by helping to secure a reliable and dynamic workforce. Aisla Connolly as Workforce Planning Coordinator supports the industry by:
- Developing workforce campaigns to attract employees to the Northern Territory’s horticulture and forestry sectors.
- Planning for and developing solutions to workforce shortages
- Empowering growers with information and resources regarding industrial relations
- Fostering development and training opportunities for management and staff in the industry
- Undertaking research and data collection on workforce trends
- Assisting to secure labour during COVID-19 border restrictions
- Representing NT Farmers at a national level on workforce issues.
The Workforce Planning Coordinator plays an essential role in developing innovative programs to secure labour for Territory farms. NT Farmers have partnered with Melaleuca Australia to train and provide jobs to refugees living in the Top End. In addition, programs have been implemented to attract CDP participants, school leavers and students to enter the industry.
To view essential resources for businesses in the industry visit: Business resources page